Our End of Life Care
When approaching the end of life, everyone deserves the highest quality of care that is tailored to your needs and wishes.
We understand that at such a difficult time, all staff involved in end of life care should be kind, respectful and completely honest with you and your loved ones. At Wolfeton Manor, we will do everything in our power to make your comfort and dignity our priority. Communication is key to good end of life care and in order to promote this, experts have devised five important priorities that you and your loved ones can expect to receive from our compassionate carers at Wolfeton Manor.
Priorities for end of life care
1) Regular visits from a doctor who will explain the situation to you and your loved ones.
2) Our staff will talk to you sensitively and honestly. Should you have any requests or questions they will not hesitate to do all they can to help.
3) We will listen to your input on all decisions about the treatment and care you receive. Should you wish it, we will also consider the opinions of those close to you.
4) We will endeavour to cater to the needs of your family and friends as much as possible.
5) A personalised plan of care will be agreed with you and written down so this can be shared with everyone involved with your care. This will include any medications for symptom control.
Reaching the end of life is a very hard time for everyone involved but with the proper care and facilities it can be handled calmly, respectfully and honestly. The team at Wolfeton Manor have been awarded the Gold Standards Framework (GSF) for quality in end of life care. The GSF gives outstanding training to all those providing end of life care and their aims include:-
- Quality care for all people nearing the end of life, in line with their preferences.
- Coordination and collaboration within and between teams.
- Outcomes that matter to people, particularly reducing unwanted crises and hospitalisation, enabling more to live well and die well in the place and manner of their choosing.