Gold Standards of Care
We have been awarded the Gold Standards Framework for quality in care.
The Gold Standards Framework gives outstanding training to all those providing end of life care. The aims of GSF are to improve the:-
- quality of care for all people nearing the end of life, in line with their preferences.
- coordination and collaboration within and between teams.
- outcomes that matter to people, particularly reducing unwanted crises and hospitalisation, enabling more to live well and die well in the place and manner of their choosing.
How did we qualify
To qualify for accreditation, Wolfeton Manor undertook the full GSFCH training programme over 9 months and then embedded this into the home for at least 6 months before undertaking a rigorous accreditation process 'Going for Gold’.
The accreditation process included:
- Assessment against 20 clear standards of best practice
- Reviewing the care of residents using the After Death Analysis Audit Tool
- Quality Assessment Visit – reviewing the integration of the processes into everyday practice
What does the GSF mean for our residents?
The award recognises that Wolfeton Manor provides:
- Improved quality of care for people nearing the end of life, their carers and families
- Significant reductions in costs by reducing unnecessary hospital admissions
- Quality outcomes for commissioned contracts
- Improved cost effective provision of services & communications across health & social care
- After Death Audits (ADA)
Read about Our Care here
Set in the beautiful county of Dorset, Wolfeton Manor is a residential care home specialising in care and support for the elderly. Our team of experienced staff provide professional care to our residents 24 hours a day, and focus on delivering personalised care plans to each individual resident.
One of the most highly regarded care homes in Dorset, Wolfeton Manor offers a wide variety of different care services to help residents maintain their independence whilst enjoying a safe, healthy and active lifestyle.